Washington Labs is always looking for energetic and enthusiastic team players to add to our engineering, marketing and administrative staffs.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
EMC Test Engineer – Gaithersburg, MD
Safety/Environmental Test Engineer – Frederick, MD
Type: Full-time with benefits
Experience: From entry- to mid- and senior-level
Functions: Testing, Evaluation, Engineering, Troubleshooting, Design Support
Industries: Our customers are from nearly every class of technology and market segment, from communications to MIL/aerospace, biomedical, energy, instrumentation, research and development, medical and IT.
Position Title: Compliance Test Engineer/Test Technician
- Performs assigned EMC, Environment and/or safety tests
- Configure client’s hardware/software (test platform)
- Take EUT photographs and document configurations with accurate and complete diagrams
- Analyze cause of EUT compliance failures
- Document test data thoroughly and accurately (including dates, pass/fail criteria and results, history of events, test equipment use and calibrations, and other pertinent data)
- Maintain working knowledge of regulatory agency standards pertaining to assigned compliance tests
- Differentiate between related standards and be able to answer customer’s questions accurately
- Perform regular or periodic internal calibrations using calibration procedures
- Justify EUT test configurations and verify that all applicable tests are accomplished
- Follow the test plans/instructions written for selected compliance tests
- Maintain working knowledge of WLL test procedures
- Perform daily quality control checks to ensure that test sites comply to calibration and ESD control requirements
- Maintain an orderly work area
- Perform additional duties as assigned
For consideration send your resume and cover letter to our administrative offices.