Free Webinar Recording
Webinar Presented by Mark Maynard
Date Recorded: October 12, 2017
Hazard Based Safety Engineering (HBSE) IEC 62368:
IEC 62368-1:2014 incorporates the new Hazard-Based Safety Engineering (HBSE) approach, which helps enable the use of novel and innovative techniques for product designs and incorporation of new technologies. This standard will replace both IEC 60065 and IEC 60950-1, and will be applicable for Audio/Video electronics, Information Technology Equipment (ITE), telecommunications equipment, office appliances, and other specified types of consumer electronics. The European Union will mandate the use of this standard for CE marking in June, 2019, and the North American requirements are expected to apply before the end of this decade.
This webinar will provide insight on the various requirements and discuss the evaluation process for the risk based standard.
In this webinar you will learn about:
- HBSE definitions and terminology
- Comparison of performance-based standards to prescriptive standards
- Applicability of requirement elements (electrical, flammability, heat, mechanical, etc.)
- Identifying and quantifying risks
- Requirements associated with safety related topics
- Implementing conditions of acceptability
- Maintaining compliance with parts obsolescence
- Product life implications
About Our Presenter:
Mark Maynard is the Business Development and Marketing Communications Manager at ACB Inc., with a shared role supporting Washington Laboratories in the Business and Training arena. He has over 35 years of telecom, information technology, and compliance engineering experience. Mark is also an IEEE Senior Member, very active in the IEEE EMC Society, an iNARTE certified Product Safety Engineer, and a Past-President of the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society.